Translate

Follow by Email

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Rocio Durcal

I appreciate this song not just for nostalgic reasons, but for- Actually yes, entirely for nostalgic reasons. And I'll take it further and say that everything we like is for nostalgic reasons.
While reading Kafka on the Shore, I found this great quote.   Murakami writes "... that as individuals each of us is extremely isolated, while at the same time we are all linked by a prototypical memory."
I shared that with a friend who responded with: "We are memory."  Ha!




I've translated the lyrics for you. You know, just for fun...  :)
A bit schmaltzy, but it's a nice way to start my day, and I'm fond of this airbrush painting of hers above.

The Prettiest Love

You are, the most pretty love I have
The truth which I am contained in
You are the feeling, that makes me live
Full of illusions and motivations
New for me

You have, in your eyes my faith and hope
That magic that never tires me
You carry in your being, so much to learn
But with my arms, I will take your steps
Even the trails of the highest mountains
Because

You are for me
The song that now makes my soul spring
You are for me
That voice that calls me in my dreams
You are the gift that god has sent me
So that my voice never dies

You are for me
All of the inspiration of my life
You are my reason
That light that lights up my life
You are like something more, always
When I see in the mornings
The smile that you give me


You have, in your eyes my faith and hope
That magic that never tires me
You carry in your being, so much to learn
But with my arms, I will take your steps
Even the trails of the highest mountains
Because

You are for me
The song that now makes my soul spring
You are for me
That voice that calls me in my dreams
You are the gift that god has sent me
So that my voice never dies

You are for me
All of the inspiration of my life
You are my reason
That light that lights up my life
You are like something more, always
When I see in the mornings
The smile that you give me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)