Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. – Leo Tolstoy
Wonderful article on The Alchemical Roots of the Financial Revolution
If we will disbelieve every thing, because we cannot certainly know all things;
we shall do much what as wisely as he who would not use his Legs,
but sit still and perish, because he had no Wings to fly. - John Locke
The above article by Carl Wennerlind reminded me of one of my favorite classes in college. I remember reading Lavoisier's Elements of Chemistry in it, which I very much enjoyed- but not more than one of my top ten favorite books ever Martin Rudwick's Georges Cuvier, Fossil Bones, and Geological Catastrophe (New Translations and Interpretations of the Primary Texts), which was also thanks to Mr. Norton Wise's course on the History of Science. Cop that! Cop that!
- ► 2010 (245)
- ► 2011 (162)
- What I'd Do Pho A Bowl of Soup Right Now
- A. Sears on Clothes Hoarding
- Back in the Habit!
- Snacks on Snacks, Snacks on Snacks on Snacks on Sn...
- All Plaid Everything
- Marco... Yolo!
- Cut It Out!
- Taking Notes As I Glimpse Berfrois
- Me 2
- B*tches in Bookshops
- Polish Momz
- T - H- A - N - K - S
- One More Note
- Keep Dreaming
- ▼ March (18)
- I'm an LA transplant now living in Manhattan. I used to take too many camera phone photos despite never having purchased an additional memory card. That was the main form of photo evidence for my "haciendo" and "viendo" until Kristen, an LA based friend I share the having of a knife tattoo behind my ear with, gave me her old Fujifilm camera, which has since DIED. Kristen is now removing her knife tattoo from behind her ear, while mine is still in tact, for better or for worse. The camera died on my first day in Lisbon. The last image it captured was a collection of traditional blue & white ceramic wares displayed in a storefront window. Whatever I was trying to photograph afterwards wasn't worth it. I write and produce film projects, have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves and this blog serves as a window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first two passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?
aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (14) audiologues (1) blueb's house (12) books (94) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cheese (7) chicken (4) chocolate (21) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (19) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) decor (5) design (4) dessert (21) dinnertime (54) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) films (47) friends (11) fruit (1) fun (1) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (4) history (6) holidays (21) humor (33) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (74) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (4) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (25) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) moodvies (13) museums (2) music (114) nature (30) nostalgia (38) notebook of patterns (26) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (17) picnics (3) plants (15) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (2) sculpture (2) seafood (5) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) snacks (54) soup (12) Sriracha Rooster sauce (8) summertime (8) sweets (39) thanks (26) the world (16) theatre (2) therapy (40) travels (53) vegetables (5) video (1) watercolor (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (39) writing (3)