Translate

Follow by Email

Friday, July 29, 2011

Spokoyni Noches

The post title, a hybrid of good night in Russian and Spanish, is in celebration of my new dinnertime invention which I call Mexican borscht. Even though the summer nights are hot and humid, which is why I'm much in need of a chilled, refreshing soup, I like spicy borschts. I added a little bit of red habanero chili, some ginger to keep things rooty, cumin and onion. I was going for a Cacique type of crema fresca for garnishing, but much to my dismay the supermarket nearby didn't carry it, so I opted for regular ol' sour cream. Topped off with cilantro (even though I soaked the beets in dill, minced ginger and ice cold water before blending) and onion, in addition to the very necessary sol i pieret.




Spayseeba to Kristian who gets rescue camera credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)