Translate

Follow by Email

Friday, June 3, 2011

Homemade Peanut Sauce Leads To...

... an entire meal that kept growing and growing and growing. First I followed a bequeathed homemade peanut sauce recipe (garlic, green onion, ginger, Sriracha, sesame oil - thanks Joycesu) to which I added a coconut juice that still had the coconut fat in it, which I bought at the bodega today by accident. What can I say? I was in a let's-make-lemonade-out-of-lemons kind of mood.

After my peanut sauce was done, I decided to eat it with the shrimp I just bought. I tossed them in lime, soy sauce, oil and then more of that disgusting coconut water I couldn't really bring myself to drink, but didn't mind using as a substitute for water in the peanut sauce recipe. I had leftover vermicelli noodles from 2 weeks ago's spring rolls extravaganza, so I ended up making a stir fry with the shrimp and some red pepper. I topped it off with cashews, orange slices and some sweet chili sauce drizzled around for the shrimp, a sweet-tangy treat.

Bootsy Collins helped me out along the way...




Update: I made a variation of this tonight (6/4/2011) with coconut shrimp instead. Toasted coconut flakes + flour + coconut juice + oil = heaven when combined with that leftover sweet chili glaze and the peanut sauce.

1 comment:

  1. this looks reeeeaallly gooood! send me the recipe...i wanna make it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (16) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (97) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (21) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (50) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (25) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (4) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (82) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (4) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (122) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (2) sculpture (2) seafood (5) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (7) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (40) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (5) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (39) writing (3)