... Well, mine is a fennel cake! This is my variation to a recipe I was introduced to in Rome as a torta de finnochi, but I was having this for dinner so I added eggplant to the mix, which was helpful as a base so that all the slippery fennel in the beginning- when you build the shape- has something flat and edible to bake onto. Secondly, I simmered the fennel in milk thoroughly before baking. The result couldn't have been more pleasing- the fennel was creamy and melted in my mouth like butter. And with the crispy cheesiness- it was heaven! I was very excited to eat this.
- ► 2010 (245)
- Taking the Words Straight Outta My Mouth
- I'm Going Going, Back Back, To Sintra Sintra
- The White City
- Ingredients of the Week
- Let Me Eat Cake!
- Look at them Potatoes
- What a Great Idea...
- Dirty South (of Spain)... Can Ya'll Really Feel Me...
- When This Whole World Starts Getting You Down...
- More Myth (No Sisyphus Though)
- Un par de greñudas
- Best's Back!
- Office Style Still Life
- I ♥ LA&NY
- You've Heard of Funnel Cake
- Nice One, Steve!
- Feeling That Trenchcoat
- Post-Camus, Pre-Antidepressants
- Like A Cow Without Her Bell
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2012 (139)
- I'm an LA transplant now living in Manhattan. I used to take too many camera phone photos despite never having purchased an additional memory card. That was the main form of photo evidence for my "haciendo" and "viendo" until Kristen, an LA based friend I share the having of a knife tattoo behind my ear with, gave me her old Fujifilm camera, which has since DIED. Kristen is now removing her knife tattoo from behind her ear, while mine is still in tact, for better or for worse. The camera died on my first day in Lisbon. The last image it captured was a collection of traditional blue & white ceramic wares displayed in a storefront window. Whatever I was trying to photograph afterwards wasn't worth it. I write and produce film projects, have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves and this blog serves as a window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first two passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?
aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (14) audiologues (1) blueb's house (12) books (94) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cheese (7) chicken (4) chocolate (21) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (19) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) decor (5) design (4) dessert (21) dinnertime (54) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) films (47) friends (11) fruit (1) fun (1) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (4) history (6) holidays (21) humor (33) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (74) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (4) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (25) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) moodvies (13) museums (2) music (115) nature (30) nostalgia (38) notebook of patterns (26) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (17) picnics (3) plants (15) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (2) sculpture (2) seafood (5) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) snacks (54) soup (12) Sriracha Rooster sauce (8) summertime (8) sweets (39) thanks (26) the world (16) theatre (2) therapy (40) travels (53) vegetables (5) video (1) watercolor (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (39) writing (3)