Translate

Follow by Email

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dirty South (of Spain)... Can Ya'll Really Feel Me?

As you probably already know, I was in Andalucia for Semana Santa, which means a lot of beautiful music, a lot of blocked off streets, and a lot of excitement. I realized I've been slacking on the food photos, so I will try to insert some relevant ones here. There was a lot of bacalao frito in our diet, as well as tinto de verano. Upon arriving to one eatery in Sevilla, I noticed this woman had what seemed like a really refreshing, iced red drink before her. I assumed it was cranberry juice until I saw two other ladies with the same beverage. I figured that unless UTI's are rampant in the South of Spain, this must be the hot drink to order so I asked the waitor what it was and he informed me it was tinto de verano, basically a poor man's sangria (but the preferred drink to sangria by the locals) made with red wine and carbonated lemonade or 7-up. That's basically all I drank from that moment onwards.











Per Motek's recommendation, we had breakfast at La Campana:






A true highlight from Sevilla, the three cheese salad! This is what I call a Holy Trinity:




We spent many a night at La Carboneria, my favorite and most nearby bar with the best live music and flamenco. They had one large beer garden type space with a more intimate, IMHO quite magical, room next door. I genuinely miss this place:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)