Translate

Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Annabelle In Winter Wonderland

It was chaos at the airport for my pal Snickero, who was supposed to land today, but a feast for my eyes on my way to and from work... Observe:






Oh, but let's rewind back to last night, the occasion that enabled this winter wonderland, when the trek home was something like the "Blizzard" vignette in Kurosawa's Dreams when the mountaineers get stranded in the snow storm... And I loved every minute of it!! The last two blocks there were stretches where I was knee deep in snow! I even had a Home Alone moment when I saw an old man on the street shoveling through the snow at 3 am. I was scared of him first (and wanted to raise my palms to my cheeks and scream AGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!) but he ended up helping me through to my apartment door which was blocked with snow.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)