Translate

Follow by Email

Thursday, November 11, 2010

... Is A Rose Is A Rose Is A Rose.



I'm so rosy cheeked this week.... Literally. I got this soothing, slightly sweet, caffeine-free rose & tulsi tea to enjoy at the office and Thayer's Rose Petal and Witch Hazel toner to make me feel luxurious this week. I thought to post about this absolutely breaking news because it seemed an apposite follow-up to my previous post about the different types of roses and their meanings.

Since the book had so many meanings for each variety, and I couldn't find "sweet" or "pink", I chose to follow good old "Rose" which symbolizes love. Schmaltzy? I'm OK with that because it's about to get schmaltzier.... I promise to not scan the entire Language of Flowers book onto this blog, ha, but I had to include the cute poem that "Father" wrote to "Mother" in August of 1913. I can't tell if that's August 8 or 18, but I hope it's the 18th since that's when Susan Miller said the retrograde would clear away all obstacles and bring about loving energies for Virgo and Libra. You see, I am on the cusp of both signs, but I have a neat system. The neat system is basically that I check both horoscopes and pay attention to whichever is more to my advantage. This is decided, of course, after I double check that I have not been given conflicting predictions- and they're usually very reconcilable forecasts. I usually end up minding both sets. Kind of like in Chapter 2 of the Baby-sitters Little Sister Series, The Baby-sitter's Club spin-off, in which Ann M. Martin would repeatedly explain that Karen Brewer, a child of divorced parents, was fortunate to have two homes, two families and two sets of possessions. Clearly, my reality is a lot less significant, I was just born on a day with transitioning planetary... celestial... whatever, going on and little Karen was subject to a more trauma inducing domestic schism. Either way, how does that saying go? Life is full of thorns but among these thorns roses grow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)