Translate

Follow by Email

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Seekin' Haydn

Heading out to see the first concert of the Attacca String Quartet's complete Haydn series called "The 68"- a multi-year performance project referring to the 68 string quartets Haydn wrote over the course of his life.




*Update: I just got back from watching these guys, and I must warn my NY friends that I'll be forcing each one of you to check out their next concerts with me! These guys are something special. I'm insanely grateful for the opportunity to get to know them. Click here for more info on this brilliant, young quartet. And to someone who shall remain nameless, I will not be adding a 'g' to " Seekin' " in the post title because it is supposed to be a play on Hide 'n' Seek; adding a 'g' ruins the whole thing. Get with the program! Speaking of program... Here is the Attacca's for tonight's show, for those of you that like those sorts of details:

The "Sun" Quartets, Op. 20 (1772)

String Quartet No. 24 in A major, Op. 20 no. 6
I. Allegro di molto e scherzando
II. Adagio
III. Menuet
IV. Fuga con 3 soggetti: Allegro

String Quartet No. 23 in F minor, Op. 20 no. 5
I. Moderato
II. Menuet
III. Adagio
IV. Finale: Fuga con 2 soggetti

Intermission

String Quartet No. 27 in D major, Op. 20 no. 4
I. Allegro di molto
II. Un poco adagio e affettuoso
III. Menuet alla Zingarese: Allegretto
IV. Presto e scherzando

2 comments:

  1. AQ, you become more and more fascinating each and every day. I mean, hello! Who knew?

    I'm glad you're enjoying your rich life. It's our one and only after all.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Miss W... you're too much. I send you a big hug from this side of the country X

    To enjoying our (in my case, broke yet) rich life, indeed! You're so on point about that.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)