Translate

Follow by Email

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Orange Bread to Blue Steel



While reading on the HighLine I remembered Miss Manalastas now resides nearby.... I joined her for some yummy orange marmalade on delicious homemade bread and "Italian coffee" (just coffee made in a Bialetti) at a delightful spot below her house, after which we climbed up to her place where I met my soulmate, the dobro! This thing solves all of my problems! My feeble, quasi-arthritic left hand only has to hold a simple silver bar, not grasp weighty strings, while the other fingerpicks away... Anyway, all this to say that I want a pedal steel guitar more than anything in the world now.





I helped her and the man move things around their new nest, insisting the guitars stay in the corner (not like baby). I see below she is getting nervous about the set up... she does a "blue steel" sort of look when she gets mad I noticed.





I'd like to note that today I secreted this song she introduced me to. I silently expressed to myself that I wanted a mellow and different song with drums like the ones in Wordy Rappinghood and lo and behold, a shoegazey band I've never heard of delivered a lot of things I like along with my wish in the form of this tune:




... I will leave you with my current favorite song:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)