I missed the sun hitting these buildings so gloriously by like 45 seconds. I had it... And then I picked up my phone to answer a call, and the light was gone! Is it me or does the photo below have "you could have caught a great moment" written all over it? I think it's just me because I know how treacherously the sunlight left me hanging... Hmmm, my blog is slowly becoming less "hecho" y "visto" and more inner monologue. A funny from last week's New Yorker for you:
- Woodbury Commons
- Kimp & Shrimp : Ladies Who Brunch
- Cove Card and a Teal Elephant
- Iced Latte & Dulce de Leche Eclair
- It's the Time of the Season...
- Just 4 Fun
- Mario Vargas Llosa
- A Not So "Crumb"y Belated B-Day Dinner
- Don't Cry Over Spilled Coffee
- The Cloisters
- The Cloistas Continued
- Radicchi-haaaay- hooooooo - haaaaaaay- hooooo
- Laundry Night Dance Party
- V Moda Earphones
- Orange Bread to Blue Steel
- Want To Make the World A Better Place?
- Ma Salade Préférée
- It Ain't Over Til... I Remember I Have Nutella
- Holla for a Dolla
- Sustaining the PEN American Center's Prison Writin...
- Mes Priorités
- Mi Viejito
- Rose Raspberry Lychee Macaron
- Return of the Mac
- Man, Oh, Manicotti
- New York Minute
- I Whip My Hair Back and Forth...
- & - !
- Turning Into My Mom... Apothescary!
- PBRH's Are The New Popcorn
- Seekin' Haydn
- Sandwich War
- Nabokov Explains It All
- ▼ October (35)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2012 (139)
- I'm an LA transplant now living in Manhattan. I used to take too many camera phone photos despite never having purchased an additional memory card. That was the main form of photo evidence for my "haciendo" and "viendo" until Kristen, an LA based friend I share the having of a knife tattoo behind my ear with, gave me her old Fujifilm camera, which has since DIED. Kristen is now removing her knife tattoo from behind her ear, while mine is still in tact, for better or for worse. The camera died on my first day in Lisbon. The last image it captured was a collection of traditional blue & white ceramic wares displayed in a storefront window. Whatever I was trying to photograph afterwards wasn't worth it. I write and produce film projects, have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves and this blog serves as a window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first two passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?
aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (14) audiologues (1) blueb's house (12) books (94) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cheese (7) chicken (4) chocolate (21) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (19) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) decor (5) design (4) dessert (21) dinnertime (54) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) films (47) friends (11) fruit (1) fun (1) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (4) history (6) holidays (21) humor (33) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (74) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (4) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (25) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) moodvies (13) museums (2) music (114) nature (30) nostalgia (38) notebook of patterns (26) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (17) picnics (3) plants (15) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (2) sculpture (2) seafood (5) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) snacks (54) soup (12) Sriracha Rooster sauce (8) summertime (8) sweets (39) thanks (26) the world (16) theatre (2) therapy (40) travels (53) vegetables (5) video (1) watercolor (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (39) writing (3)