Translate

Follow by Email

Saturday, September 25, 2010

On the Waterfront






When times are tough, I can honestly say my mind Pavlovianly goes into picnic mode. I spent a good while in a dolorous daze even though I had just enjoyed a really good massage (although, I won't lie... even during massages my mind wanders very quickly). Something overcame me and I snapped out of it... I ran into Tops where I bought a sesame demi, heirloom tomato, fig & balsamic vinegar jam (which was really, really good), chocolate raisins and a goat milk brie that melted to the perfect consistency under today's sun. I sat at the waterfront where Bluebs joined me moments later.

I confessed I've been eating too much bread and cheese, and apologized for finishing the tomato... She let it slide and we concluded our rendezvous with heavenly coffees from Blue Bottle. I immediately regretted not ordering the New Orleans iced coffee after having a sip of hers... People, it was the best coffee I've ever had. I don't know about moving back to this area anymore, between the rent and the $4 (albeit very worth it) New Orleans iced coffees I might not make it.

P.S. I was schvitzing in the sweater I put on hurriedly this morning after looking out the window at 10 am grey skies, so I bought this lovely little number on my way to the park. You'll probably see these colors later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)