Translate

Follow by Email

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Serendipity

My life has become somewhat of a cosmic joke, it's done so more and more as I've grown older... In the best way possible though. Perhaps it is because I am always anticipating these fortuitous moments. I very much look forward to the cards aligning in mysteriously wonderful ways. I don't leave too much up to chance, but the hyper-consciousness I've got when it comes to this stuff is consistently "on", and I find that when the switch flips back to "off" in a blowing-out-a-fuse type of way is when I'm most miserable. (Cue: "Duh")

I guess this all boils down to a do you see the glass as half empty vs. half full type of scenario. Naivety, optimism, hopefulness- call it what you will, as long as I'm smiling or laughing roughly 30% more of the time than not (I decided I'm good with a happy to sad ratio of 65:35), I'm cool with it. Everyone's life is guided by these serendipitous alignments, we just forget to look out for them. I should reconstruct that sentence in a more positive way for argument sake, I should remember to focus on these serendipitous alignments... At the risk of echoing something my mom would have framed for me behind glass with frivolous adornment...

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you realize how creative, fresh and clever you are. (Just a word from the wise over here).

    Love,

    Miss W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss W, you just made me grin so widely! Thank you
    X - AQ

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)