Translate

Follow by Email

Sunday, June 20, 2010

World Cup Delirium



Check it out- Best seat in the house. Kudos to Walter Foods for converting their establishment into a decent, non-sleazy space to watch the soccer games this year. They've put up this giant screen and offer $7 brunch until 10 am featuring croque monsieur, bangers and mash, merguez and eggs and chilaquiles verdes in celebration of the World Cup. The only disappointment I experienced was Italy's lackluster performance vs. New Zealand.

Before heading over I snapped some photos of Bluebs' plants. My herbs are taking forever to grow since there isn't much sunlight in the only space there is for them outside, on the fire escape.




I should also mention that I tried out my ricotta, onion jam grilled cheese sandwich on Bluebs:




I am excited that the majority of the people I care about are partaking in the soccer spirit. While it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, no pun intended, I've been following the games closely, rooting steadily for Mexico and (although it kills my father) Argentina. They remind me of summers in Allende and Moyahua, eating massive bags of Sabritas and Salsa Verde Doritos in order to collect soccer related "pogs", stickers, temporary tattoos and other prizes. Maybe this had more to do with how the no junk food rule was mysteriously lifted by my parents as soon as we went south of the border. I'm ditching the Brazil game to balance the weekend out with some writing and cleaning... I'm not quite sure how I ended up on an long-winded zouk YouTube search, but I will clean to this:


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)