Translate

Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Escape From New York



It's a big day. The rivalrous Spain and Portugal will be competing against each other by way of soccer, I am nearly finished with the third of a series of outlines I have been writing, and most importantly... I am homeward bound in about 5 hours.

Who wears the patch better- Kurt Russell or moi? I have had pretty bad luck with eye conditions for as long as I can remember. Chalazion surgery at 14, frequent subconjectival hemorrhaging, and all of this on top of an unfavorable R-7 and L-6 prescription. I have years of reading the Sweet Valley High and Babysitter's Club series under my blanket with a flashlight to thank for this. On the plus side, I have had the strangely amusing excuse to wear an eyepatch for a week and reuse the documentation for Photoshop practice purposes... Just a thought, purposi could be a fantastic word. After starting to feel a bit down again, I talked myself out of a sour mood. With all of these exciting happenings and this song on repeat, I cannot be moping!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)