Translate

Follow by Email

Monday, May 17, 2010

And I Got the Tan To Prove It

Finally, I got some color on me! After an overdone getaway (living at a hotel with my best friends who flew in from LA), I punctuated the week with a solitary springtime nap and picnic. On the day prior to this peaceful outing, I took a trip to the Russian and Turkish Bathhouse with Bluebs (my favorites were the Turkish and the Aromatherapy steam rooms). Although I wanted to keep eating their delectable seaweed salad, I limited myself to one serving, exfoliated it up and dried myself on their sun deck. The day couldn't have been more perfect for this. After capricious coldness, we were rewarded with consistent warmth both Saturday and Sunday.

The drink of choice seemed to be champagne at Fort Tryon Park. You could hear corks pop all around. Steady sunlight is a nice thing to celebrate, however, I opted for a homemade coffee which I added cinnamon and ground almonds to while it was brewing. It was also the ideal instance to debut the orange marmalade Hook made for me using the oranges from her mother's tree! It was insanely delicious with my wheat croissant that was flaked to perfection, and once in a while I'd mix in some of my creamy cheese...




I forgot what it's called, but it has the texture of a Cambembert and stinks a whole lot more. Bare feet, people watching, a 2 hour nap under the sun and finished reading An Equal Music with teary eyes... This is my new Sunday spot!



1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and your shoes. They're awesome! Keep up the writing. Have a good day.
    Ana-nymous

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)