Translate

Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow, Saul Bellow and Structural Anthropology



Although I am still enjoying Women Who Run With the Wolves, my bedside read, I've added two new items to my subway reading list: Herzog by Saul Bellow, which I started today mid-"blizzard", and Tristes Tropiques by Claude Levi-Strauss.




Getting out of my cozy bed to face the snow was an arduous task this morning. I instantly turned bright eyed and bushy tailed when I saw that my beautiful, 1964 hardcover edition of Herzog finally arrived via Amazon. My upstairs neighbor, the classical music critic, is constantly sent goodies to review, Queridis is often on the receiving end of online merchandise... Even the Time Out subscriber who no longer lives in our building is still sent a little something every month. Sadly, I never get postal service surprises, although this week will change that disappointment with this much anticipated delivery and my mom's shipment of raw honey straight from my aunt's beehives in Northern California!


*Update: Nine hours later… gusts of wind and snow were not rendered optimally.
You get the idea though–

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)