Translate

Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nespressing



If you know me, you've already heard me rant and rave about the Nespresso machine by now. I've been making my own coffee at work with that contraption. It's pretty good stuff! I'm not even going to start claiming to know about "good coffee," alls I know is that today I made the Vivalto Lungo one and mmm... It's from the South American Arabicas and characterized by a "light acidity and floral touch." This, of course, means absolutely nothing to me. All I care about is making a free cup of coffee that tastes better than the cappuccinos from the cafe downstairs (which does a pretty good job).

The secret to making good coffee with the Nespresso setup is getting the proportions right. I start stirring my sugar (one fat cube) in towards the end of the coffee dripping, let it sit for like a minute and then add steamed milk and foam, which together end up being a little less than half of the cup. There's no real sense to this method. I've seen Open Da Night in Montreal stir their sugar in before adding their milk and their coffee is always amazing... and the one minute sitting is because I usually forget to come back to it, so it ends up being about a minute. Anyway, it's a formula that has worked out well for me.

If only we had an express croissant or cheese danish machine as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)