Translate

Follow by Email

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Holidays from Montreal

Over the past year, I have definitely acquired a checklist when visiting Montreal:

A stop at Fairmount Bagels- I trudged over in oversized Sorels yesterday and received a fresh bagel straight out of the oven. This mission will be made again tomorrow morning, so that I can bring fresh bagels home, Dept. of Homeland Security permitting.
A latte from Cafe Olympico, AKA Open Da Night, although I stopped at the rival Club Social coffee stop on this trip. It only made me pledge further allegiance to Cafe Olympico...
And lastly, a visit to my favorite little general store, Gourmet Laurier. I have blogged about this place in the past. It's a real gem that offers all kinds of unique French soaps (I got my mother the same brand soap I got last time, Les Mille et Un Bains, but in jasmine), gourmet goods and sweets, like those beautiful chocolates and lavender nougat below. I was so happy to stop and restock this time around.

Stuff like this must be passé to the locals, but Calissons de Provence and Chocolat Dolfin are not the easiest things to come by in Brooklyn!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los √°ngeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)