Translate

Follow by Email

Monday, November 9, 2009

Cooking With A Silver Spoon

We just got the cookbook The Silver Spoon this weekend and decided to play around with it for tonight's dinner. Warning: The tomato-egg dish doesn't really go with the tuna and radishes, but we were starving and still had to go grocery shopping for 2 or 3 items, so the recipe choices were time sensitive, as well as what-we-had-in-our-fridge - sensitive. In any case, I like tasting different flavors in one sitting just fine. Just see me at the Whole Foods self-serve section... Samosa, quinoa salad, pizza, you name it. There's always roasted something in there also... Without further ado, my dinner:




Those eggs were the most fun to make. You roast the tomatoes for about 20 minutes with olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano; then you take them out, crack an egg and put them back in for like 8 minutes. At the very end, you'll see down there, I added some basil and some more salt and pepper. The recipe calls for parsley, but I was already parsleying up the tuna...




One tuna is flipped over so that you can see what it was starting to look like. In there: tad bit of parsley, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic that we cooked with the oil before we added the tuna steaks. To the right we have radishes that were boiled in a light sugar, butter and salt syrup. They were supposed to be glazed, but I added too much water. At the end I drizzled a bit of honey. They were an excellent alternative to potatoes.

Final touches, and ta-da!


3 comments:

  1. Annabel, I love this! Just added you to my blog roll. Keep on cooking. xx
    Miss W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, I am so lame, I am sorry ANNABELLE. It's obvious I'm up too late.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm honored, Miss W. Bonne nuit!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)