Translate

Follow by Email

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mexican Chopped Salad

I found this recipe from a 2003 Self magazine by way of Epicurious.com. This salad came out very well. My only regret is not having put more jalapeño in the dressing. Its flavor got a little lost in all the vegetables. I also skimped on the jicama.

The dressing: honey, lime juice, garlic clove, olive oil, cilantro, jalapeño, salt, pepper...




Chopped avocado, to which we add corn, black beans...



... and then red pepper, radish, lettuce and feta cheese. I would have used cotija cheese if the market had some, but alas...




Toss. Pour dressing. Enjoy!



I am probably going to make some more of the dressing. The recommended portion wasn't enough for me. Other than that, I was very happy with this salad, especially since I was making gazpacho also. Some of the ingredients crossed over, so it was fairly simple to make both simultaneously.



1 comment:

  1. Cortas el aguacate igual como mami :)

    this looks really good...make me some when i go visit.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an LA transplant now living in Brooklyn. I develop film projects by day, write at night, and have a dangerous predilection for vintage Robinson Golluber scarves- this blog serves as a tiny window to everything else I do when I'm not satisfying those first three passions. I'm trying to blog more and tweet less @annabelleqv. What about you?

Labels

aa dialogues (8) accessories (4) animals (13) architecture (2) arizona (4) artsy fartsy (17) audiologues (1) autotopia (1) blueb's house (12) books (99) breakfast (8) brunch (13) cake (1) cheese (7) chicken (3) chocolate (20) clothes (12) coffee (18) collage (11) colors (20) comfort food (10) crafts (7) cutouts (1) dance (1) decor (5) design (5) dessert (22) dinnertime (48) disneyland (1) drawing (7) dreams (1) drinks (26) etiquette (1) events (2) films (48) friends (13) fruit (1) fun (3) furniture (1) gifts (1) guests (3) health (5) history (10) holidays (21) humor (36) ideas (29) illustrations (5) inspiration (86) invasion of privacy (1) junk food (3) leftovers (3) los ángeles (1) lunchtime (24) matterhorn (1) mexico (9) michael jackson (3) mood (1) moodvies (14) museums (2) music (123) musicals (1) nature (31) nostalgia (40) notebook of patterns (24) notes (8) noteworthy (55) opera (2) paintings (19) pastas (1) pastries (4) patterns (12) photography (18) picnics (3) plants (16) plays (2) poems (12) politics (2) ramblepants (1) recipes (1) restaurants (2) salad (4) salads (2) science (1) scraps (1) sculpture (2) seafood (4) shakes (1) shopping (8) sketching (1) skyscapes (21) smoothies (1) snacks (51) soup (13) Sriracha Rooster sauce (6) summertime (8) sweets (41) thanks (26) the world (19) theatre (2) therapy (41) thoughts (2) tomorrowland (1) travels (54) vegetables (4) video (4) vintage (1) watercolor (1) weddings (1) whining (6) winter (10) wishlist (3) wood painting (7) words (40) writing (3)